Saturday, March 10th, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The NHPTA Auditions and Job Fair offers college-age and adult applicants:
- Auditions: Acting only or Musical Theatre (includes dance)
- Technical/Production interviews: carpentry, lighting and sound, costumes, properties, and stage management.
- Administrative/Theatre Management interviews: box office, marketing, business office.
The auditions/interviews are scheduled for: Saturday, March 10th, 2018. 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Location: The Dana Center, Saint Anselm College, Manchester, NH (directions)
General auditions and information tables; plus call-back sessions as scheduled.
Professional member producing companies and their representatives will be in attendance, among them:
Advice to the Players, The Barnstormers Theatre, New London Barn Playhouse, The Palace Theatre, Jean’s Playhouse/Papermill Theatre, Peterborough Players, Second Stage, The Winnipesaukee Playhouse, Weathervane Theatre; with many more anticipated.
Candidates must register online by February 17th.
What is required for the audition or interview?
All performance auditions are maximum 90 seconds in length. There will be an accompanist provided for all auditioners opting to sing.
- Actors should present two contrasting monologues
- Musical theatre performers should present a song and monologue (or two songs and a monologue)
There will be also be a group dance call for musical theatre performers and dancers.
- All interviews will be conducted on-site
- Directors, Designers, Stage Managers, and Technicians should bring any portfolio materials you wish to show detailing your work to date
- Staff such as Front of House or box office personnel will have provided the standard resume in the application packet and therefore need not bring any additional materials.
Registration fee: $20 for all auditioners; non-performing tech & business applicants $15.
All registrants will receive confirmation and assigned time section one week prior to March 5.
Acceptance limited to first 120 performance registrants (not inclusive of technical/job fair applicants, number unlimited)… so PLEASE register early. We will have a limited number of standby slots for performers.